OATH is building a decentralized, standard, and extensible public chain-agnostic protocol that protects dApp users’ rights and assets. OATH’s dispute resolution protocol is modeled on the common-law jury system and it utilizes blockchain technology, cryptographic algorithms, random algorithms associated with categories and attributes, jurors’ credit level, and case-tracking technology. OATH Protocol aims to build an analog of a decentralized dispute resolution system modeling the common-juror system. In their view, this system will solve the solution to the blockchain governance problem.
A solution to the Blockchain Governance system
In order to achieve the desired target, the company plans to increase the usability of smart contracts by providing an easy to use, user-friendly smart contract creation tool. By creating a decentralized jury community comprised of members with diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise, the company looks forward to solve the problems encountered in the blockchain governance system. OATH is planning to invite users from all communities to not only provide governance for the dApp they support but also for other ecosystems.
Main advantages of the protocol
- Trust: The data is hashed on a blockchain.
- Confidentiality: The data is always confidential.
- Dynamicity: The protocol will ensure that different jurors will be resolving multiple cases to avoid a collision and ensure integrity.
- Fairness: The protocol will ensure random jurors selection based on a variety of factors as gender, background, age, etc. to have full objectivity.
- Incentive: A mechanism to motivate jurors for participating and assign them credit.
- Autonomy: Parties mutually set rules that they would be bound by.
- Transparency: Jury votes are disclosed to the community after resolution.
- Archive: The protocol allows keeping all data in a structured irrecoverable way.
So basically, OATH is a decentralized agnostic protocol that offers a solution to of decentralized governance to all blockchain networks and Dapps.
The OATH team is well-balanced with a diverse background in tech, business, and law. Yin Xu, CEO of OATH, won several awards for the best mobile application.
Jenny Vatrenko, COO, is an influential lawyer and former litigator at Boles Shiller. Vatrenko is active on the group’s Telegram channel.
Hongwei Wang has a strong technical background, including eight years of combined experience at Google and other tech-focused companies in China.
On the advisory side, we see people from Zefund, Qidain Capital, Continue Capital, the founder of an EOS supernode and energy startup NAD. Advisors cover the main focus groups: technology, business and legal. Jia Tian is a notable advisor who worked at Baidu and Alibaba, and is a big investor in Bitfinex Dafeng Guo. Tian worked for big investment banks like Morgan Stanley and Goldman.
Zainan Zuo is another notable advisor who serves as a core developer at Ethereum, and is a main developer of the ERC-1202 standard for Ethereum.
PCEX is a high speed crypto exchange built by financial experts. Visit PCEX and start trading today!